[64studio-users] [Development enquiry] 64 Studio 4.0

Daniel James daniel at 64studio.com
Tue Feb 1 10:15:41 CET 2011

Hi Harry,

> I heard from a little birdie that there was speak of 64 Studio 3 being
> released end January...

Actually it will be 4.0, because we released some Ubuntu based distros
in the 3.x series already. 4.0 is based on Debian Squeeze.

> How is this developing

I'm pleased to report that it's in good shape, mostly due to the fact
that the Debian developers have made great progress with multimedia
packaging. 4.0 also includes a 2.6.33-rt kernel built by Robin, which is
looking good too.

> is there a place where people could test an ISO
> and feedback?

Not yet, I'm afraid - there have been some delays on the commercial side
which have meant that we can't put out a public release yet. However, I
can say that there will be a formal release in early April, and we're
hoping to get some public betas out in the meantime.

Cheers!

Daniel