[64studio-users] [64studio-devel] package-maintainers starter

Grammostola Rosea rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 11:00:53 CET 2009

dave wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Ref: [64studio-users]
> 3.0 beta... a bit disappointing (getting more optimistic ; ) )
> 06/03/09 10:31
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> Daniel wrote:
>
> The main problem with that is that there aren't enough people
> maintaining new multimedia packages for Debian, which also means that
> Ubuntu and other Debian-based distros don't have them.
>
> Also: keeping the install media below 700MB.
>
> I'm thinking seriously about this, particular for users with older
> computers, or in countries where DVD drives are relatively scarce and
> expensive.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Daniel
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>

> Thanks everyone for the great response :-)
>
> Here's the links we have so far:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia
>
> Subscribe to:

> Print out the pdf of this:
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/
>
> More links:
>
> http://www.debian.org/devel/
>
> http://www.pathname.com/fhs/
>
> http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=817&p=3857#p3857
>
> https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA

There are a lot packages which are not in Debian/ Ubuntu right now, so
please join!
If you don't want to package (which I can't imagine ;) ) you could
report bugs and wishes to The Debian Multimedia Team:

http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=817&sid=4d5850d2f280904b51cfea41bd431a04
http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=827&sid=4d5850d2f280904b51cfea41bd431a04

Thanks in advance,

\r