[64studio-users] nVidia GeForce MX 4000 AGP card

Peter Geirnaert peter.geirnaert at gmail.com
Wed May 21 18:09:25 BST 2008

Hi Gustin, thanks for the reply,

I followed your advice, (with xorg.conf's driver still set to nv), and as
root I typed:

lsmod |grep nvidia

and got:

nvidia               4714292  0
i2c_core               22400  2 nvidia,i2c_i801
agpgart                33364  2 nvidia,intel_agp

modprobe nvidia
didn't return anything

so here are the last three lines of dmesg:

nvidia: module license 'NVIDIA' taints kernel.
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:01:00.0[A] -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 19
NVRM: loading NVIDIA Linux x86 Kernel Module  1.0-9631  Thu Nov  9 17:38:10
PST 2006

So I think the driver has been loaded,
It may not matter to say  that I upgraded from a 64 studio 1.0 cd
installation, but
I'm not really sure if the update/upgrade is completely done already,
because I see there are newer kernel versions available etc.