[64studio-devel] 0.9.7 is out for testing

Free Ekanayaka free at 64studio.com
Mon Nov 13 15:25:20 CET 2006

Hi all,

this is  just to let  you know that I've  built a new  ISO

http://cdd.64studio.com/64studio/iso/64studio-install_0.9.7_amd64.iso
http://cdd.64studio.com/64studio/iso/64studio-install_0.9.7_i386.iso

with a  new 2.6.18 kernel,  which include the  latest 2.6.18.2 patches
and version rt6 of the realtime-prempt patch.

The  kernel and  the relevant  modules   are the only  difference with
respect to 0.9.5, so if you prefer you can  just install them from the
testing repository.

The i386 kernel has been built with HPET disabled, so according to the
reports from joel it should work fine on dual processors too.

For amd64  users, please give   it a try and   let me know if  the new
kernel solve the boot issues with 2.6.18..

Ciao,

Free